LA’s Most Thorough & Professional Chimney & Fireplace Cleaning
Having a chimney and fireplace in your home can be a real blessing and can add to your overall relaxation and enjoyment when at home. But like anything, chimneys and fireplaces require regular maintenance if they’re to continue to serve you and operate the way they were designed to. And part of that maintenance involves regular cleanings.
Why Chimney & Fireplace Cleaning Is So Important
Chimney cleaning is needed to remove creosote deposits and other debris from chimneys and vents. Creosote buildup in chimneys can lead to chimney fires and flue blockages, both of which can seriously threaten the safety of you and your family.
- During a chimney fire, temperatures inside the chimney often exceed 2000 degrees and can destroy your chimney or even spread to the rest of the house.
- In the event of a flue blockage, which may be caused by creosote or other debris such as animal nests, dangerous fumes can be forced back into your home.
Chimney cleaning is a vital service to protect the health and safety of your family and home. All chimneys, including the chimney for your furnace, should be inspected annually, with cleaning performed as needed.
What You Can Expect From Us During The Cleaning Process
When you call on Fireplace Solutions by the Chimney Sweeper to clean your chimney system, you can expect the most thorough and professional service. During the cleaning process, we’ll:
- Lay a tarp in front of the fireplace and hearth for protection
- Tarp off the front opening of the firebox
- Use specialized vacuums for dust control
- Use brushes to clean buildup of soot in the chimney flue. In most cases, the chimney will be cleaned from the bottom up
- Brush down the firebox walls
- Lubricate the blade damper in the throat of the fireplace (if applicable)
- Clean the smoke shelf
- Clean off the safety cap/spark arrestor (if termination is safely accessed with a standard ladder)
Whether your chimney is old or new, you can expect our certified team to carefully and thoroughly clean your chimney and fireplace from top to bottom.
Before you light up a fire, be sure to call Fireplace Solutions by the Chimney Sweeper at 800-760-6567 or click here to request your chimney cleaning! We’ll make sure your system is clean and ready to be enjoyed!